A Biobank and Biomolecular Resources Research Infrastructure Stakeholder’s Forum was held in Brussels on 16 September 2009.
BBMRI (Pan-European Biobanking and Biomolecular Resources Research Infrastructure) is an extensive collaboration involving fifty-two scientific groups across Europe in association with over two hundred other groups with a view to exploring the possibility of coordinating European Biobanking initiatives.
The Stakeholder’s Forum has been established to assemble the input and requirements of the broad and heterogeneous stakeholder community of BBMRI, comprising patients, clinicians, funding organisations, associated project partners, industry and users.
Talks were given by the following people:
- Fabrizia Bignami, Therapeutic Development Director, EURORIDS
- Jasper A Bovenberg, Legal Pathways Institute for Health and Bio-Law, NLD
- Julie Corfield, Biobank Head, AstraZeneca Charnwood R&D, GBR
- David R Cox, Senior Vice President and CSO, Biotherapeutics and Bioinnovation Centre, Pfizer Inc
- Georges Dagher, Public Health Institute, Institut National de Recherche et de Santé Médicale, FRA
- Jean-Emmanuel Faure, Scientific Officer, European Commission
- Neil Formstone, Wales Cancer Bank, GBR
- Michael Griffith, Chair of Stakeholder’s Forum, BBMRI
- Ulf Landegren, Professor of Molecular Medicine, Uppsala University, SWE
- Jan-Eric Litton, Professor of Biomedical Computing Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
- Thomas Meitinger, Head of Human Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Muchen, DEU
- Derick Mitchell, Executive Manager, BBMRI Stakeholder’s Forum
- Markus Perola, Public Health Genomics, National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), FIN
- Eero Vuorio, Chancellor, University of Turku, FIN
- Martin Yuille, Reader in Biobanking, CIGMR, University of Manchester, GBR
- Kurt Zatloukal, Project Coordinator, Institute for Pathology, Medical University, Graz, AUT
The GBRCN is exploring mechanisms of collaboration, as there are many aspects of both projects that overlap.
See the BBMRI website for further information.